Followers

Monday, 25 April 2011

Just Magnolia Challenge Week 103 - Sketch

Hi Everyone

I Hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday and are sick of the sight of chocolate lol.
I have made a card today for the Just Magnolia Hanglar & Stanglar Challenge blog which is a sketch which I  turned :)


I have only discovered Magnolia about 6 months again so I have all these gorgeous stamps from previous collections to find and play with too ! So I picked The fairytale collection for my project this week.  I made a wee cameo from some Magnolia Paper and I cut a  oval which I decorated with half pearls and put all over it Tim Holtz Glossy accents and then left it to dry for forever lol . Figure you could make lots of different types. The possibilities are endless !!!


First of all I wanted to make a gift tag and envelope so I found a tutorial on youtube but scrapped that idea and just made it up lol !! The inside has a wee envelope with a tag. The envelope was just the same as making a criss cross card if you want to look it up and have a go.


I tried doing softer colouring and really liked the results. I think everyone has a style can you tell I haven't figured mine out yet !!! Do you think you have to have a style ?
So here is my tag





Recipe :- Magnolia Fairytale Collection 2010
Mediums - primacolor pencils,sansador to blend on white 240gsm smooth paper. Distress inks.
Papers/Cardstock - K &  Co Natural Recycled Card Bo Bunny & Magnolia
Tools :- Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Standard Circles , Spellbinder  Flower silhouettes, Sewing machine.
Other Stuff - Tim Holtz Die Cuts, Anita's Butterfly stickers, half flat pearls, natural twine, thread and buttons from own stash. Berisford double satin ribbon. Flowers and seam binding from WOC. Stickles stardust & platinum.

Oh I found this cool site for altering your pics and it is so easy to use  and it does not use up your memory on your pc, its called fotoflex, it's free !

Bye For Now and thank you for following me and visiting !!!

Kitty :)  xxxxx

9 comments:

  1. What a fab card, more of a gift really. So much detail, I'm sure whoever receives it will treasure it. I like the cameo idea and the tag is so sweet.

    I'm not sure that I have a style yet with my colouring. I kind of just go with it and see how the end result looks. Probably not the best way to do things, but oh well!

    Take care

    Feebsy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW sweetie these are absolutely stunning love the flowers & all the embellies.......a girl after my own heart you gotta have lots of flowers lol. Your images look fantastic......the whole lot is just amazing hun it really is.
    Thank you soooooo much for your lovely comment I'm already on a high but you still made me smile more hun mmwah.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kitty! Firstly I just wanted to say thank you so much for the really lovely comment you left on my blog hop post, I was really touched. I'd also like to say WOW your card is amazing! love all your wonderful details and gorgeous colours. I don't think you have to have a style - I like to vary mine to suite the image I'm using :). hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful creation. It looks so magical!
    Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kitty for the lovely comment you left me this morning. You've made my day.


    This card is out of this world - so much detail and work has gone into it - it is really Wow!

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made this lady very happy commenting on my colouring Kitty, i always worry about it so thankyou darling, i adore your creation and love the way you thought to turn the sketch i always forget to try to do that!!! well done its gorgeous xxxx hugs vick xxxx

    the-artful-codger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie, your creations are simply stunning, gorgeous work big hugs love pops x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are gorgeous! Such amazing details!

    Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia and hAngler this week!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kitty, wow these are gorgeous,love your soft colouring, my style keeps changing one day I'm into one thing the next another, think your supposed to stick to one when I find it I'll let you know lol,
    I keep changing my blog look too so I've no chance lol hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)