Followers

Monday, 23 May 2011

Sketch & Sparkle !!

Hi Everyone
This is the second and last post for this week. I love sketches they are my favourite challenges so I am entering this  at Just Magnolia Hanglar & Stanglar Challenge - Week 107. I chose this gorgeous Tilda from The Butterfly Dreams Collection. There are so many stamps to choose from it is difficult to pick one lol !


I have coloured her with prismacolor pencils blended with sansador. I have added Tattered Angels gold glimmer mist to her and edged with stickles platinum for lots of sparkle and shine which is this weeks challenge for Simon Says Stamp .


I have left this a topper for now . The colours are more vivid than in the picture. I tried to colour her very lightly to compliment the darker papers.
I hope you like the crazy stitching I think I used a wrong bobbin and it came out like this on one side but I quite liked the effect lol !
I would also like to enter this into the paperplay challenges - week 20 Sparkle Galore

Recipe -
Cardstock - Bo Bunny & Bazzill basics.
Medium - Prismacolor pencils blended with sansador stamped with mommento black ink on 240gsm white card. Distress inks for background for Tilda
Tools - Tim Holtz Keyhole die which I cut out & Wings . Sewing Machine. Cuttlebug
Embellishments - WOC flowers. Half back pearls from Ebay. Anita Butterfly glitter butterfly sticker which I distressed. Stickles platinum & Tattered Angels gold glimmer mist.

I noticed this week another blog with virtually the same card as I have posted on here before ! I was quite pleased in a way because someone liked my idea but also a bit disappointed !! Just as well it's only a hobby . I think it's okay to get ideas and do your own take on it but a whole card is cheeky ! I just sell some items on ebay to buy more crafting goodies. What do you think crafters ?

Thanks for visiting have a great week.
Kitty :)

9 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card!! I love the shabby chic vintage look! Great Details!
    Your LOTV card is absolutly gorgeous!!! So many beautiful details!!
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, Kitty! I love this image and you coloured her beautifully too!

    Sorry to hear that someone has copied a card, there seems to be problems all over blog world like this at the minute....it is such a shame too, that a certain few have to ruin it for us all!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty to copy someones work shows a distinct lack of imagination. We all feed off each others ideas that's how we grow but most of us give credit where credit is due. Blatant copying of someone else's work is despicable!!! I feel better now (LOL)
    Tour card is gorgeous, love your colours and Tilda is fabulous 0 one of my current favourites!!
    Pets - love 'em to bits but then can drive us to distraction. Watch that dog!!!!
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, stunning work, loving the colours so much, fabulous design, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry sweetie, the writting is very small and i can hadrly read it, i hope no one is copying you but if they are take it as a complment :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's so sweet!!! Fabulous Tilda and details so lovely!! I adore the colors you used in this card. Thanks a lot for your lovely comment about my Polychromos on Kraft colouring.
    have a fabulous day, Giò

    http://lepiccolecosedigio.blogspot.com

    .......... Unfortunately I left the comment as anonymous because, like many others at this time I'm having trouble leaving a comment on the posts that do not open the pop-up page for the comments ....... so I have to work around the problem this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!
    This is absolutely beautiful!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my sweetie this is gorgeous I sooooo love the layers.....they are lush, sorry hun its a paper thing I have lol. Your Tilda looks stunning the whole card is stunning & I love your stitching.
    Sorry to hear you are being copied thats terrible we are all here to inspire each other but thats all it is...inspire....the one thing we shouldn't do is copy someone's card, I have & never will do it its hjust not right at all. I think to be honest I would feel like I'd cheated, or like it wasn't my card....if you know what I mean hun.
    Hope you have a fab bank hol weekend shug.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)