Followers

Tuesday, 26 July 2011

TOMIC Challenge No 8 Stitching Faux or Real .

Hi  Crafty Bloggers



Wow the weather here has been so wonderful it definitely puts a spring in your step !! I treated myself to some new papers and they are so pretty !! I got them from Hobbycraft ( managed to drag my fella in with me after about 40 mins he lost the will to live !.  I could have been in there for at least another hour lol)  It was so nice to actually see them and match them up as I  usually shop online. I decided to pick  Hopscotch Magnolia for this one.  Love this one just brings back so many memories . There is chalk all over the payment outside,  the kids in the street have been having great fun !! I have coloured her softly with prismacolor pencils . I managed to get this made to enter TOMIC challenge No 8 which is stitching I have used real!!!


I made a criss cross card from a splitcoast stampers tutorial . It looks like an envelope with a card and I added a wee tag. Had to use up every inch of these papers ! I stitched the panels with my sewing machine without thread. I quite like the effect of the plain punched holes. I also machined stitched the panel onto the card . As an embellishment I machine stitched around the stamped moment sentiment on a different setting ! Lastly I made the flower with with sheer organza ribbon by sewing/ tacking it along one side and pulling the thread to ruffle to the centre. I popped this pebble brad to finish. 


I think it's the lace that goes so well with these colours !!


I had great fun making this one. Hope you like it too!!

Recipe - 
Magnolia stamped on 300gsm craft card with memento black ink. Wooden moment stamp with momento rich cocoa ink onto card stock .
Medium - prismacolor pencils blended with sansodor. Distress Inks .
Card stock - My Minds Eye Gertie & Bazzill dots .
Tools - Cuttlebug,  Brother Sewing Machine. Magnolia doohickey tag dies.
Embellishments - Making memories paperie riverie pebble & flower . Berisford chocolate satin ribbon flat backed half pearls, chocolate double satin ribbon, Hobbycraft ceam lace , natural brown button and sheer organza ribbon. Purple thin ribbon from stash. Stardust stickles.

Hope your week is going good !! 
Bye For Now
Crafty Hugs
Kitty ;0) xxxx


15 comments:

  1. Hi Kitty,
    What a beautiful card, love. your papers are devine and the lace fab.
    Great job.

    Happy Tuesday
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie WOWWWWWWWWW this is a stunner, absolutely gorgeous I love this image I've not put mine onto a card yet....I know I'm a bad girl!! Loving the papers, the card design, the lace.......I could go on forever actually as this is one of my fave cards & thats really hard cus I sooooo love all of your cards shug.
    Take care.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!
    Such amazing work!
    Love your papers and your details are gorgeous!
    Stunning work!
    I am the same in crafts shops. Could stay in them for hours lol!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty this is just so amazing and so much beautiful detail!! I just love it!! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! And, what a great idea. I must confess what first caught my eye was your name -- with is my name too! Likely our last names are different, but I am also a Kirsty Anne! So, if I steal your ideas I can still claim Kirsty did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a superb projecht, love how all comes together on your card. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful card love the image and the papers.
    You did well to keep your hubby in hobbycraft for 40 mins, mine starts looking at his watch and moaning as soon as we walk through the door, now i just tell him to stay in the car, mainly though so he doesn't know just exactly how much i have spent. he! he!
    Hugs Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so adorable, gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a great card we have here!
    It's simply stunning hun!
    TSM for playing with us!
    xoxo
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! I love all the little pieces and all the details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow and wow Kitty, this is amazing what beautiful work there is on show here the detail and Tilda look stunning.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous i love every bit of it, but that little pebble is gorgeous, amazing work hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!just adore this Kitty,so special and a real work of art-lots of gorgeous detail.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work, I love all the elements. Thanks for joining us at TOMIC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!me again,well done on your Top 5 at TOMIC!!
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)