Followers

Saturday, 5 November 2011

Magnolia Christmas Basket !!

Hi Crafty Bloggers

Hope your all having a lovely weekend. I have just finished work and with the fog and bonfires can't see one step in front of another lol. Suziegirl our greyhound is terrified and is permanently attached to me. Mr Kiefe our cat is in thank goodness !! and is all snuggled up under the duvet !

I love tutorials so had to join in with TOMIC this week ! To create a basket - Challenge No 22. So here it is !!




I used these gorgeous My Minds Eye Lost & Found Christmas Two Papers. I chose cross heart Tilda just love her wee jumper !! and I tried purple/maroon colours which is such a cool trend at the moment for her! I used the Santa's coming to town sentiment with some lace sewn around it. Had great fun distressing the poinsettia dies petals with ink pads using different colours and topped with this gorgeous pearl button. I made the handle stronger by putting it through my x/cut crimper and then sewn the lace to the edges. Had to finish with a gorgeous cross grain ribbon bow on top !!
Here is the back of the basket




I used the poinsettia die again with another button and added this Magnolia Tag for a sentiment!!
Here is the side




I used another doohickey tag with the Magnolia tree for a little tag on the side which I have crimped and distressed love this effect.

Really enjoyed making , this must dash as need my bed as working tomorrow only 4 more days to a day off !!!!

If you like Digi papers check out Raspberry Road as everything is half price and their papers are so lovely !! 

It's nearly my first blog anniversary so watch out for some candy just for all my wonderful followers !

Recipe Underneath

Lots of   Crafty Hugs   Kitty ;0) xxx

Recipe
Magnolia Sweet Dreams Cross stitch Tilda stamped with memento ink onto 200gsm smooth white craft card
Card stock - MME Lost & Found Christmas Two.
Mediums - Prismacolor Pencils blended with sansodor . Distress ink pads.
Tools - Cuttlebug with spellbinders labels dies. Brother Sewing Machine. Cropadile . Xcut crimper. Magnolia  DooHickey dies.
Embellishments - Lace ,  Silver ribbon, cross grain ribbon and buttons from Remnant Kings. Pearl brads from eBay.


15 comments:

  1. Wauw what a gorgeous basket! I love the papers and the whole vintage look, magnificent details and I love the lace around the sentiment. I've got to remember that idea!
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo gorgeous !!! Love it !! Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love those papers and the image is so sweet
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful basket. Love your details.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Kitty this is awesome what a stunning creation, the colours are gorgeous the design, embellishments and Tilda look amazing, I love this so much.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous basket!
    Thanks for joining us at TOMIC this week!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo beautiful! Loved the vintage look that you gave to this basket and how you colored Tilda, of course ;-)

    Thanks for sharing and for joining us at TOMIC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous basket!
    Beautiful colours and Tilda is so cute. Your colouring is fantastic:)
    Love all the details.
    Have a lovely day, hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous bag love the papers, great for choccies as a pressy.
    Hugs Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitty, this is just beautiful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW WOW WOW.........sweetie this is amazing & extremely jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Your creations always amaze me sweetie......fabulous hun!!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, dropped by to see what you have made this week and WOW what a creation this is absolutely fab, you really are so creative.
    Hugs, Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is gorgeous hun, love the hints of lace and the crimped tree, fab papers too, love it, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWWIEEEEE, GORGEOUS!!!!!

    hugs, laura

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)