Followers

Tuesday, 20 December 2011

A sketch ,Gatefold , Snowflakes & Purple lol

Hi Festive Crafty

I hope you are all having a super week !! I am all ready for Santa and Hogmanay !!! Love it !! I am back to work tomorrow until 6pm Christmas Eve ! So I thought  I| would sneak this post in !! must be quick as I have lots of presents and cards to deliver !!

I started with inspiration for the current challenge at TOMIC challenge 29 - Snowflake symphony in purple ! What a gorgeous title! Really loving the purple themes at the moment though my printer seems to not like that colour AArggh ! That's it I am buying a new one in the sales next year lol.

My next inspiration was at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Sketch Time - A fabulous sketch by Domi

 and lastly at Bunny Zoe's Crafts Monthly Challenge 19 -  Fancy Folds/Shaped Cards I chose a gate fold card have not made one of these for ages !!

I chose Tilda with Winter Flowers she is an absolute dream to colour and so pretty !!


Yes I know her shoes are a bit of a bright colour but I need lots of bright colours as it is so dark here in winter time lol . I have put some glamour dust on her wee socks and pocket ! and liquid pearls for her buttons and on the flowers.

Here is the front of the gate fold card before you open . I used my cricut to cut out the frame and I used plum cosmic shimmer mist on it and on the flowers it just makes everything it touches so gorgeous !! I have used three different types of lace and my favourite snowflake die from Magnolia and the poinsettia die to with a gem brad in the middle.



I love how it turned out these digi papers are from Nitwits they are so beautiful though they should be more purple lol. There are Christmas flowers hearts and snowflakes on them !

Here are the inside piccies !!


I used a Hero arts sentiment which was embossed with ranger fine detail in gold it's the first time I have done that !! Love the results going to buy more colours!!


I used the outside of the frame I cut to make a frame !! and with more lace it looked rather cool !!I have made a wee pocket ! to put some crafty goodies in for a lovely new friend in blogland ! Must post it later no idea if it will get there in time oopsies !! I have machine stitched all the panels too !



This is the last wee panel.  I have put a dream die tag from Magnolia with more scrummy lace,  you can lift it up and the handwritten sentiment is underneath ! and lastly a picture of the back as the lace goes all the way around the paper which has so many pretty snowflakes on it !


Well that's my last Christmas Card done so therefore I would like to enter one more challenge at Papertake Weekly - Last Christmas Card of the Year  .

I have not had to time to post them all but I have had a super time crafting away !! I also have just been the luckiest crafter ever I received a wonderful gift from Magnolia from their Shutter advent Giveaway they are so generous I was gobsmacked ! and I have also won some goodies from Lena's 12 days of Christmas so Santa has been so good to me !! I hope you all get lots of lovely surprises too this year and next ;0) . I shall leave you all the recipe and say bye for now.  I hope to make a wee post on Christmas Eve so see you then !!

Lots Of Lovely Crafty Hugs Kitty ;0) xxx

Recipe
Magnolia Stamp inked with momento black ink onto 225gsm smooth white card coloured with prismacolor pencils and blended with sansodor.
Card stock - Bazzill Kraft , Nitwit Digi Papers printed oto 260gsm white smooth card.
Tools - Brother sewing Machine . Cricut Expressions using inbuilt Essential Cartridge, Cuttlebug with Doohickey dies . Croadilep for tag with white large white eyelet.
Other Mediums - Cosmic Shimmer Mist Plum. Liquid pearls, Stardust Glamour Dust , Distressed ink aged Mahogany & Brushed Corduroy.
Embellishments - WOC roses , Lace offcuts and gem brads from eBay.

23 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a work of art, love it,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kitty! Well, you're last Christmas card of the year is a real stunner and I love your colouring and gorgeous gatefold design. The shimmer mist is so pretty, I bet it's even better IRL and I'm so pleased you could join in at TOMIC this week. TOMIC isn't why I popped over however, I wanted to say thank you for your lovely comment, you made my day :). I'm so pleased you won one of the Magnolia Advent prizes, it couldn't go to anyone nicer and it's been a real pleasure visiting your blog this year. I wish you and your family the happiest of Christmases and all the best for the new year. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooooow, Kitty, this is a real masterpiece! It's so lovely and it must have taken you forever to make it!! So gorgeous, love it.
    Big hug from (now covered in snow) Switzerland
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning Kitty. I love all your very pretty details.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge and also at Papertake Weekly.

    Wishing you a very happy Christmas.

    Hugs

    Jo xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, I love the muted tones to the card and the fun design... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie this is just stunning, loving the soft colours gorgeous work hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Kitty. The colour scheme and papers are gorgeous and your image is so cute.
    Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowwww Kitty this is fantastic, the card fold, the design, colours and Tilda look amazing, I love this so much. I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and New Year
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yet another feast for the eyes Kitty. Fabulous creation!
    Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.
    Many thanks for your constant encouragement in 2011. :)

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous!
    Beautiful dedsign and details:)
    Thank you for your nice words. I love visiting your blog:) Your work is fantastic.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family:)
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work hun, I love the image and all the pretty details. Have a fab Christmas and new year.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous creation Kitty, just wanted to pop by and wish you and yours a very merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year, and to thank you for all your fab words of encouragement on both my blog and fairy tale friday. We will be having a New Year's eve party, hope you are coming LOL!
    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so gorgeous, i absolutely love the frame you used for your image and on the inside of your card, so beautiful and with such lovely details, stunning work and thank you for joining us at TOMIC. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas and festive new year
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow wow wow Kitty I love everything about this knockout card...the design is amazing
    Mina xxx
    I wish your and your loved one the most wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful christmas!!!!
    Lots of goodies for the year 2012 =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wauw what a gorgeous card Kitty! I love the colours and all the pretty details!! Realy fantastic! I also want to thank you for your lovely comments you always leave on my blog and I wish you and your family a very merry christmas.
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! this is a really gorgeous card,Tilda looks so pretty and lots of lovely detail too.
    Special**Christmas wishes to you Kitty and your lovely family too-have a great time!!
    hugs Lou.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWWW, what a GORGEOUS creation! LOVE IT!

    Wishing you sparkle,
    wishing you cheer,
    for a bright merry Christmas
    and a Happy New Year!

    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas
    BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow Kitty your card is sooooooo beautiful, I love the frame you've created, for the first time ever you've made me wish I had a Cricut lol. So much work always goes into your creations, you are so talented hunny.
    Thanks so much for all the lovely comments you take the time to leave me Kitty, I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely card!! Great colouring!

    Hugs
    Malin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. Love the plum colours. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A wonderful card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)