Followers

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Challenges with Magnolia ;0)

Hi Crafty Bloggers

This is my first Christmas card of the year ! Thought it felt a bit strange and a bit early until I got my Christmas Crafty Box out and then I saw all my crafty goodies and hey presto my mojo kicked in lol
I have chosen Magnolia Reindeer Tilda and Magnolia Snowy Circle.

 I have been playing with distress inks again !

I have used this wonderful sketch with lots of lovely panels . I really enjoyed putting it all together !!

It really does add depth with all the layers. I have made a cute mini shaker sentiment with German glass glitter and added a LOTV stamp with Magnolia Doohickey snowflake ! The seam binding I have dyed using cosmic shimmer mist to make this lovely blue shade.

TOP TIP I bought a slim strand of pearls which I cut into three strips all the same length as my card ! I put down a line of double sided tape and placed each strand so they merge together just loving the effect going to have to get some different colours . So pretty !!



Here's a wee close up of my mini shaker sentiment and stamp !!How cool would that be with a mini Magnolia !!



Here is a shot of the inside where I used a Magnolia poinsettia die with a brown copic for faux stitching and beautiful gem brad.


I would like to enter my first Christmas creation into the following challenges where I got my inspiration ;-

Tilda's Town Challenge #4 - Sketch

Magnolia Down Under Challenges #150 - Winter

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge #52 - Anything Goes

I shall leave the recepe underneath ! Hope your all having a super week and thankyou for stopping by and taking time to comment ;0)

Lots of Crafty Hugs

Kirsty-Anne ;0) xxx

Recepe 
Magnolia Reindeer Tilda & Snowy circle masked onto Saunders CP Watercolour paper with Stazon black ink. LOTV Christmas stamps used with memento rich cocoa ink pad.
Mediums - Distress inks - Tattered Rose , Antique Linen & Spun Sugar . weathered wood & Broken China.
Card stock - Brown & Cream papermill card for base & matting. Bo Bunny Snowfall paper pad.
Tools - Cricut paper Trimmer , Cuttle bug with Magnolia Snowflake Doohickey die & Spellbinders standard circles.Sewing machine.
Embellishments - WOC - Seam binding. Rhinestones,German Glass Glitter & Large Gem brads  eBay - Pearl strands, .Acetate & Liquid pearls. Stardust stickles, Sakura silver glitter pen & Inkessentials white jelly roll pen. Turquoise glimmer mist .

16 comments:

  1. Very, very beautiful card! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!
    Beautiful colours and details:)
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what gorgeous details. hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool, I'll be in dee trouble when xmas is coming closer...actually planned to make a card once a month...but hey, what can I say??? where's the time LOL!!!
    Love your creation, it gives me the xmas mojo too!
    Hugs, Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Kirsty. That mini shaker is so cute.
    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Christmas creating Kirsty-Anne! So many fun details! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town challenges! Thanks for playing! Great take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer Kitty this is fantastic, what a beautiful design I so love the strings of pearls and the sentiment made onto a shaker that is just totally brilliant, I love the colours and of course Tilda looks amazing.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous loving the colours too hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Kirsty-Anne!!! You followed the sketch perfectly!
    Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges this week..
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really stunning, I love the image and all of the different layers and textures look fabulous, loving the pearls as well
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kitty this is gorgeous, absolutely great take on the sketch.
    I like what you've done with the pearls
    Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
    Tilda's Town Challenges
    Hugs Bex xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh So Gorgeous, thanks so much for playing along at Tilda's Town this week
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic work!
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
    Hugs Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card! So many gorgeous details!
    Thank you for joining MDUC this week.
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous! Now, I wanna start with my Christmas cards too, lol!
    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...A lovely card! I wish I could make one! I am sorry that this is a misspelling because I speak badly English! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)