Followers

Saturday, 18 August 2012

MDUC Challenge #160 - Masking

Hi Crafty Bloggers

Hope your all having a super weekend !! I have had just the busiest week ever and I am so looking forward to tomorrow to put my feet up !! It's also time for a new challenge at 
So thrilled to be here as a guest designer ! This is just a great challenge to try out masking using 2 images or more !! I have only tried it a few times !! and it really is worth the results !! So why not give it a go there is lots of super talented inspiration over on the MDUC blog !!

I have picked Magnolia Old Swedish Chair & Tilda makes a blueberry blanket from the turning leaves collections ! I have masked her onto the chair ! There is a super tutorial here for masking with these stamps ! and I have tried the no lines technique for the first time with distress inks ! Took me  a couple of attempts lol 


I have made a sewing box from a template that was on my wishlist to do that I found here  !!


I have used different papers from Pion &. Riddersholm Designs !! I have used Magnolia dies and Magnolia flowers ! First time I have tried flowers from Magnolia they are so pretty ! They are from Live & Love Crafts !!.  Love that shop !!!


Here is a shot of the side where the panels lift down to keep all those sewing bits & bobs in !! I have stitched all the panels and added tea rose trim !!


Here is the other side where I have made a wee pocket and attached a sewing machine charm.


Here is the last shot lol a view from the top when the sides open ! I finished it off with a Magnolia ticket die which I used the Magnolia limited edition stamp .

I hope you like my sewing box and hope you will join us in the MDUC Challenge !!
Still trying to catch up with you all . Thanks for visiting and for all your wonderful comments ;0)
I would like to enter my Sewing box into the following wonderful challenges ;-
MAWTT - Shape Up
C.R.A.F.T challenge - Box


Thanks for visiting 
Lots of Crafty Hugs 
Kirsty-Anne ;0) xxx

12 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. I love the colors and that sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kirsty what a stunning creation!!!!! love it, i just uploaded a card with the same image but wow your colouring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly are one crative, lady! You keep impressing me with your beautiful creations again and again! Love your gorgeous sewing box! Hugs, Elziabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Kitty this is GORGEOUS! The "no lines" technique is harder than it looks but you have mastered it.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute sewing box ! Love it and stunning colouring. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Kirsty Its so nice to see her sitting on something too , well done its gorgeous Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW this is stunning , what a great project, I love it, Thanks for sharing with us on MAWTT this fortnight, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! this is stunning hunni and I love your no lines colouring! gorgeous work! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMW... How do you do it? Absolutely out of this world hun.
    Big hugs
    Donna.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kitty, what a lot of different techniques you have used to create this beautiful box. It is an amazing piece of craft work which reflects all the effort and time you have put into it.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week, please join us again next time.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for joining in the "box" challenge over at CRAFT Challenges this week. What a great project...

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful, what a great idea!
    Thank you for sharing with MAWTT. good luck with the challenge.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)