Followers

Sunday, 14 April 2013

MDUC DT entry :)

Hi Crafty Bloggers 

Hope your Sunday is going good !!..It's so windy here today I have had to tape the letter box !! I have had a lovely cosey day crafting away with no clear plan just a fun as you go along and see what happens card ..

I have made this card to apply for the current 

Magnolia Down Under Challenges

 where the theme is anything goes !

I just could not wait to ink up Moulin Rouge Tilda !! with the Theater curtain stamp too..  I also enjoyed painting the background round her and playing with some frantage embossing powder. I have painted her with a mixture of distress ink markers,pads & reinkers .


I made a shaped card cut with the cricut and used a mixture of Pion and Magnolia papers for the matting and for the die cuts .


The pinwheels were cut from the cricut craftroom and I have added brads and tiny butterflies and some crystal pendants.


I just love these Magnolia Doo Hickey feather dies and a couple of pretty pins to finish ;0)


I hope you like my creation and are inspired to join in as you just never know if your luck is in !!! ..What else could you want than more excuses to play with Magnolia and go crafty shopping !!

I just love the movie Moulin Rouge !! 



I am to write about myself too so grab a coffee and try not to fall asleep lol !!

I live in the central belt in Scotland  in between Glasgow & Edinburgh. I was born in South Africa and I have family there ..and I have also worked in England but I have settled here in Scotland I love it here ...
I am at the lovely age of 40 which I am enjoying as I have a lovely life with my hubby( also known as The Stamp Monster - likes to grab whatever stamp you are using and then stamp anyone or  any baldy bit on an animal as they happen to walk past lol) and my beautiful teenager daughter ! I also have a wonderful step daughter. I cherish my family and spend most of my time with them . My extended family are a spoiled Norwegian cat called Mr Kiefe and a couch potato greyhound called Suzi..They both get on well and are such great characters they make me smile everyday... it's like having two extra kids ..Mr Kiefe treats the house like a hotel and is meowing to get in and out to the cat pub all day..and Suzi is a shy cookie and just loves tummy rubs and chicken kisses(She has lots of baldy bits lol)..

I work as a Security Manager in the Retail Sector and I do enjoy it and work with some fantastic people and we do have so many giggles it's a great place to be so I am very lucky ...

I have always been arty from being a little girl to making stuff with toilet rolls ..lolly pop sticks etc,,,to enjoying Art in School. I bought a cheap card making kit from eBay and that's where it all started as I saw Magnolia cards and then discovered all these wonderful blogs ... I have been card making and blogging for three years now and so enjoy being part of this super community.I started with an invite to join the Teddybo DT... I was gobsmacked and it gave me the confidence and the learning process on how to blog lol. I have also been part of the InkyChicks Challenge blog . I currently design for the Totally Tilda Challenge which I am lucky to have been here for two terms. I have been a guest designer last year for MDUC and also for Live & Love Crafts . I just love to craft it's my way of losing myself ..relaxing just like getting lost in a movie.  I especially enjoy making 3D projects . I also love listening to music while I am creating and doing the housework lol .

Thanks for stopping by my wee blog ..hope you will all cross your fingers and toes for me lol !!

Lots of Crafty Hugs 
Kirsty-Anne ;0) xxx




6 comments:

  1. Oh, Kirsty-Anne.
    I am So keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    I am totally blown away with your creation! It just gets better and better every time I stop by. I love this Tilda which you have coloured so beautifully and the background is superb.
    Just look at all that scrummy detail. It's amazing!
    Good luck hun. You so deserve it.

    Big crafty hugs
    Donna xx

    P.S. I hope you enjoyed your chocolate mousse?!?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your MDUC DT Kitty!!!!! I love your card! You amaze me how you make wonderful shape with your Cricut! Your attention to details is fantastic! Love the frantage around the image. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Kirsty-Anne, your card is gorgeous! I am really falling in love with the frantange embossing powders I see everyone using... I think I might have to get some! Anyway, I love your colouring, your background and all your embellishments, it really is a beautiful card. Just wanted to thankyou for taking the time to enter into our Design Team Call at Magnolia Down Under
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is one amazing card, love it!! thanks Kitty for your help with the frantage, I'm loving the stuff now!!
    And good luck with the DT call ;)fingers crossed for you.
    Lots of love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Kirsty-Anne! WOW, WOW, WOW! This is absolutely incredible, I LOVE it!!! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Kirsty- Anne... this is absolutely gorgeous!!
    Good luck on MDUC DT call!
    Hugs
    Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)