Followers

Monday, 22 May 2017

Mixed Media Jar attack Design Team Liza's Craft Shop - Step by Step Picture Tutorial


Hi Crafty Bloggers 

How are you all today ?? 
I have been having crafty fun with a small glass jar !!
It's perfect for my brushes <3


Here is a quick guide if you would like to try it out .
I have painted a small glass jar with 13 arts guesso love this as really thick .
Leave to dry does it not need to be perfect . I painted the bottom too


I have some tissue paper which I cut into some strips picking the patterns I like


I then use modge podge or you can use gel medium I have glued them randomly on the jar under and over each piece



again at the bottom .


I then use a large metal butterfly and paint with guesso I dont put too much paint on the brush so it does not clog in any holes but if it does I use a cotton bud to unclog.


once the butterfly is dry I  I use gel to adhere art stones or you can use beads to the jar and on the butterfly for texture 


I then used Lindy's stamp gang sprays and shaker again and butterfly . I just keep adding spay and use a paper towel for any puddles and dry with heat gun. It's all about layering until you are happy with the effect



I then glue the butterfly with e6000 as will hold better .



I have added some rope around the top glueing again the join with E6000.
Lastly some flicks with my white chalk pen and it's finished .


There it is fun and easy to alter 



I hope you will be inspired to have a go !!

Here is the supply list from Liza's Craft Shop

13 arts Guesso
Tissue Paper
Metal Butterfly
Lindy's Starburst Sprays & Magical Shakers
Beads 

She has an awesome new website coming soon too !
 The prices and service is just awesome <3

Thank you for stopping by my blog 

Sending Crafty Hugs
Kirsty-Anne ;0) xx








1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! your jar is gorgeous. What a great idea!
    Beautiful colours and the butterfly is to die for!
    My fav so far.
    Crafty hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)