Followers

Sunday, 11 June 2017

Mixed Media Makes May

Hi Crafty Bloggers 

I have been dabbling again this month with different mixed mediums and trying out new tutorials on youtube and getting inspiration from Maremi's Creative Cafe on facebook <3

First up the rest of the 52 Cafe Cards Challenge 

O - Obsession  - currently is Mixed Media lol . I have used acrylic paint through a stencil on the background and then used the one stroke painting technique from Marta's video to make the heart and flowers .


P- Peace 


I have stamped the tag and coloured with a spray . The feathers were another stamp on vellum and embossed with white . I have added some pearls glitter and a brad to finish .

Q - Quote 



I have used a stencil with sprays for the background . I have stamped the quotes and used die cut leaves and finished with small mulberry roses .

R- Roses 


Here I have painted a watercolour rose cut and put on some fabric and added some word stickers . I followed a tutorial from Jay Lee on youtube.

S- Spring


Here I have used watercolours again to paint the bluebells
 and butterfly from an image idea on google pictures.

T - Teal



I have used cling film on spray and left for an hour and that made the background . I then sprayed some chipboard and flowers .

U - Unity  & V - Vintage 


For Unity I used a die for the stacked tea cups and had used a stencil with dry brushing ink underneath . I used the residue from acrylic paints for the splatters and lastly word stickers .
For Vintage I use design papers  and used a stamp with embossing for the wooden background (in green) and added a frame and some die cut tags around the edge.

Faces 
Had a go at my first face using the elegant marker and water brush . I need to measure the eyes much better next time but pleased with it for first try .


Moved on to trying a face on a journal page had first followed the water colour circle video by Marta then I drew the face and cut out and used lots of stamping and some spray and texture paste which I coloured around her ,


My next attempt was to try a tutorial by Toni Burt with painting the face onto the page this time with using tissue paper and acrylic paint on the page . Learned so much and will keep practicing as enjoyed this so much .


More water colouring with Marta's video with this butterfly
 loved how it turned out !!


Lastly I tried the acrylic pouring technique for beginners  yet again another awesome tutorial from Marta !! My acrylic paints colours are limited so not the best colours but enjoyed seeing the result . Made such a mess too lol 



Thank you for reading about my mixed media journey ;0)

Sending Lots of Crafty Hugs 
Kirsty-Anne ;0) xx









1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness!!! What a gorgeous selection of mixed media makes, and your drawing is incredible.
    Your an artist in the making, and I've a feeling that I'm going to see a lot more of your creative skills take on lots more of your inspirational work.
    Stunning.
    Crafty hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)