Followers

Sunday, 23 July 2017

Mixed Media Makes June/July

Hi 
Crafty Bloggers 

How are we all ?? It's been super hot here in Scotland with rain of course lol !! So been busy with life and cooling down lol .
First up is the last 3 cards for the #52CafeCards at 

 W for Wings &  X for Kisses

For the wings I painted the butterfly with watercolours and used a permanent pen to outline. I used a die and stamp combo for the feathers . The kisses card I have used Hero Arts stamps and die and drew the lips 
and coloured with watercolours again.

No automatic alt text available.

  Y for Yellow & Z for Zetangle 

 For the yellow card I have used some corrugated card and stamped images on the panels of watercolor paper with darkroom door stamps and some unbranded  stamps . I have used watercolours again and finished with a Tim Holtz sticker . Zetangle was my first try really need to concentrate for this but is so relaxing and fun to try out !!


No automatic alt text available.

So there are the 26 cards done looks lovely all together and I love to look at all the techniques I have tried and it's a great reminder of the learning curves too !!


Loving watercolors at the moment and tried these wonderful tutorials from Marta's YouTube channel had great fun and will make them into cards . It's a great way to get used to using them .


I adore this other video from Marta using Acrylic paints this time . I love love the little birdies more cards made <3 ..p.s I did cheat though I used a pen rather than black acrylic paint as did not have black for the silhouette .


This one was inspired by Jay Lee tutorials on Youtube and I added the doodles and was so pleased how it turned out 



For the next 26  of the #52CafeCards I have decided to make them into cards this time instead of ATC's and we have inspirational boards which are amazing to inspire us 

#1 MaremiWhisperBoard


I have used acrylic paints for the background and used stencils with gelatos for the circles . I have die cut the heart and stamped some butterflies and painted then with watercolours . I have added pen for shadows and some washi tape and random stamping .

#2 MaremiWhisperBoard


Here I used acrylics for the background using a make up sponge to blend . I then used a stencil with paste and then stamped over when dried. I cut the circles from some left over acrylic paint testing.... with a punch and die and I have hand drew the insect and coloured with watercolours . Lastly I have added a Tim Holtz sticker and nuvo drops .

Lastly another video trying out acrylic paints which is really quite new to me but thoroughly enjoyed playing with her tutorials !!


Used lots of stencils and stamps and make up sponge was my friend on this one .


I used the left overs for the opposite page with some stamping . Loved getting messy and using fingers to paint the flower vase .

Having so much fun learning and trying out these tutorials hoping I can evolve into my own ideas one day <3

Thank you for stopping by my blog 
Sending Crafty Hugs 
Kirsty-Anne ;0) xxx














1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Kirsty.
    You really have found your comfort zone.
    There's so much amazing detail, and colour.
    You can evolve your own ideas now sweetie! I know you can.
    Huge crafty hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I appreciate them so much :)